Sometimes... life is better in black and white

Saturday, May 31

Strange as it is I feel weird blogging

Okay I've decided the blog world is just really strange to me and I feel awkward here. I also feel insecure socially networking with people in cyber-space. I don't know why but it's almost like back in high school and I'm the pimple-face kid who likes a boy yet can't bring myself to talk to him in fear he won't like me back.

I'm not normally insecure. Nor am I one to hesitate introducing myself to others especially if it means I might make a new friend. I love people. But here in this world called the Internet, I regress to my teenage self fearful of rejection. So, consequently that's why I don't blog more. Well, let me rephrase that. I write a lot of blogs but rather than push publish when I finish -- I hit the delete button sending my work to the garbage can.

So I've resolved to change this by pushing myself to reach out. So what if I'm rejected? Been there -- done that and lived through it. I can do it again.

My new goal is to start responding to my email groups instead of lurking and blog at least twice a week. I also joined twitter and signed myself up to follow more than 200 people. Why? Because it's fun and I figure I can meet some people that way. Maybe with my new found aspirations I can get out of my shell and start becoming a member of this world, as I am the one away from my computer.

2 comments:

Shannan Powell said...

Hi Tracie! I'm one of the lucky 200 that you have chosen to follow on Twitter. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

I totally understand where you're coming from. It took me awhile to get out there and do things online, too.

serendipityrose said...

Hi Tracie, I know exactly what you mean. It's probably just like everything else, the more you do it the easier it gets!